Dear colleagues, dear friends,
Welcome to the International Association for Preventive Pediatrics (IAPP) Website.
We believe these are your dilemmas, as well …
WHAT IS THE SIGNIFICANCE AND FUNCTIONALITY OF THE REGIONAL LIAISONS IN DIFFERENT SPHERES OF LIFE AND BUSINESS…?
IS IT ABOUT A SIMILAR DEGREE OF DEVELOPMENT, RECOGNIZABLE CHALLENGES, TRANSFERABLE SOLUTIONS…?
IS THE REGION OF SOUTHEASTERN EUROPE A NATURAL ENVIRONMENT FOR PROFESSIONALS AND OTHER INTERESTED WHO CARE ABOUT CHILDRENS HEALTH, AND DOES IT, FOR THESE REASONS, CALLS FOR SUCH KIND OF ASSOCIATION…
Are dramatic global biological, health and social threats such as COVID-19 currently, really necessary to remind us of some of the following challenges?
- (Is) prevention in the pediatrics still not in focus….? To which extent and exactly where does fascination with sophisticated technologies, devices and equipment, lies…? What generates the drive of the profession towards diagnostics and treatment of serious diseases, clearly important pillars of modern medicine…?
- Are the (expected) negative consequences – patient anxiety, permanent costs increase, and, at the same time, contextual distance from preventive measures and strategy … or perhaps just antipodes that can go hand in hand.
What is that what we, TOGETHER and LOUDER, can say and seek collectively rather than individually?
What is the SIGNIFICANCE and PERSPECTIVE of regional collaboration and integration in the field of healthcare and, more specifically, in the preventive level of pediatric medicine?
Is the minimum we need…?
- Continuous education – preventive pediatrics schools – various educational formats – multidisciplinary approach
- Scientific & research activity – Projects
- Legislative aspects, funding
We look forward to future collaboration based on the following:
- We will learn more by talking to each other than by talking about each other!
- Cooperation and partnership with global companies will make us a significant factor in the development and implementation of preventive activities in pediatric medicine in the region and in each country individually, whose voice should be heard louder!
… our response is …. International Association of Preventive Pediatrics – IAPP
The International Association for Preventive Pediatrics was founded in April 2019 in Belgrade, with more than 35 founding members, leaders in pediatric medicine and preventive pediatrics from 10 countries from the region of the Southeastern Europe. The founding members are representatives of more than 10 universities from the region and a number of other reputable institutions. In the IAPP bodies and committees serve representatives of 8 countries from the region of SEE, providing the Association with substantially regional and international character, which is a pioneering initiative in the healthcare domain in the region.
The main goals of the IAPP Association are:
- connecting all interested professionals and scientists, institutions and other legal entities engaged in work, education, training and research in the field of preventive pediatrics, in the region of Southeastern Europe and other European countries;
- organizing and coordinating a regional network for professional education and training in the field of preventive pediatrics;
- promotion and development of the scientific and research activities and projects in different domains of preventive pediatrics;
- popularization of scientific achievements in different fields of pediatrics;
- organizing congresses, schools, seminars, counseling and other forms of continuous education and scientific and professional informing in the region of Southeast Europe and other European countries, which will present the views of the Association in the field of preventive pediatrics and provide training in various fields of preventive pediatrics in accordance with current international best practices and trends;
- establishing cooperation with respective associations, organizations and institutions, from the region of Southeast Europe and other European countries, in order to plan and execute joint actions;
- other ones, for which bodies, authorities and membership of the IAPP reach the agreement
Committees’ formed for the implementation of the IAPP goals and activities:
- Committee for Continuous Education
- Committee for Publishing and Scientific & Research activities
- Committee on International cooperation, Health policy and EU funds
The first activities of the IAPP that have been implemented or are in the process:
- Presentation of the IAPP on national pediatric congresses in Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina from October 2019.
- Symposiums – Workshops – during 2020-21. in the following fields
- sports medicine, psychology and children’ health
- allergy and food
- fetal ultrasound
- First International IAPP Congress from 20-22. November 2020.
- Establishing the regional school of preventive pediatrics in 2020-21.
- Joining relevant international pediatric associations during 2020-21.
- Reactivation of publishing activities within the region of Southeast Europe during 2020-21.
- A particularly significant activity of IAPP will be in forming of the shared databases of preventable diseases, from conception to adolescence.
OBESITY AND EXCESS WEIGHT
LOW BIRTH WEIGHT AND